Peninsula Mini 25 Gallon Stocking Ideas

NanoReefer2025

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow aquarists! I recently finished cycling my Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25 Gallon aquarium and started adding livestock a few weeks ago. So far, I have a pair of clownfish, a hermit crab, and a few soft corals. Do you guys have any good suggestions on one or two more fish that could go in the tank. Here are my ideas:

A) six lined wrasse and shrimp goby
B) royal gramma and geometric hawkfish
C) sapphire damsel and shrimp goby
D) possum wrasse and bicolor blenny
E) dottyback and shrimp goby or geometric hawkfish
F) a Midas blenny and something? I’ve heard they can get a get big for a 15 though...

Any suggestions, advice or other fish combinations are helpful. Keep in mind that I do not have a lid to my tank yet, but may consider the investment in the future.

OP
OP
NanoReefer2025

NanoReefer2025

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pink streaked wrasse and court jester goby.
Thanks for the input! Do you suppose that a six lined wrasse would be okay instead of the pink streaked? The pink streaked is a little outside my budget for individual fish, especially since it looks so similar to the six lined wrasse, but it something that I will definitely consider an option. The court jester goby is something that I will also look into. Do they typically swim in the upper, middle, or lower part of the tank? I don’t want to put too much in one section, since I already have two clowns that dominate the top half.

OP
OP
NanoReefer2025

NanoReefer2025

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to the ocellaris clowns, could I add a six line, sapphire damsel, and goby shrimp pair or small blenny? The total would be five fish, is this possible in a 25 gallon?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 is doable if you have enough filtration. Six Line might get aggressive in a small tank but hopefully the Clowns and the Damsel can hold their own. The Goby and Blenny I’m not as sure. 5’s your limit and I would not add a 6th.

OP
OP
NanoReefer2025

NanoReefer2025

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I wasn’t planning on 6. Originally, I was only thinking 4, but there are just so many options that it’s hard to choose. I guess I should have gotten a larger tank to begin with. I will only have 4 fish in there until my tank is more established. The filtration is pretty basic (filter sock, sponges, chemipure, carbon), but it will suffice

shim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
six lined wrasse
I think the tank is a little too small for a six lined wrasse. I own the same tank. LiveAquaria recommends 55gallons for them.

My Court Jester Goby is all over the tank. He picks at the gravel and sand, hangs with the wrasse and they seem to hunt together. He also just hangs out throughout the tank, he's captive bred though, not sure if that makes a difference. I was worried he'd be shy but out most of the day.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back