Peppermint shrimp in refugium, clams at risk?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,723
Reaction score
80,836
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of adding peppermint shrimp into the refugium of my upcoming build. No peps allowed in the DT because of all the meat corals that like eating without getting their guts ripped out--also some euphyllia... Anyway, I'm pretty sure they won't be any risk on the macros, but I'm thinking of adding a tridacna clam and/or a flame scallop to the fuge. Will the peps be alright in the fuge with the clam? NOTE: I am planning to run no filtration in the fuge so that the clam(s) and the cryptic refugium get plenty of gunk to eat, so I'm not worried about starving peppermint shrimp (or any other banished critters.
1727586769452.jpeg
 
Thinking of adding peppermint shrimp into the refugium of my upcoming build. No peps allowed in the DT because of all the meat corals that like eating without getting their guts ripped out--also some euphyllia... Anyway, I'm pretty sure they won't be any risk on the macros, but I'm thinking of adding a tridacna clam and/or a flame scallop to the fuge. Will the peps be alright in the fuge with the clam? NOTE: I am planning to run no filtration in the fuge so that the clam(s) and the cryptic refugium get plenty of gunk to eat, so I'm not worried about starving peppermint shrimp (or any other banished critters.
1727586769452.jpeg
I’ve kept numerous peps with clams and not had an issue, they tend to leave them alone for the most part.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new