Peppermint Shrimp life span.

Not sure bit I wish mine would end its life cycle, he's a little devil that wreaks havoc on my corals. Be careful of these little critters because they love to pick at everything
 
Not sure bit I wish mine would end its life cycle, he's a little devil that wreaks havoc on my corals. Be careful of these little critters because they love to pick at everything

I'll second that!!! I finally got them all out of my display and they will NEVER be allowed in again!!

To the OP - don't know how long they can live for sure - but I can attest to the fact that it can be over a year. I have several in a 10 gallon tank that are well over a year old. We get them in the crab traps this time of year and I keep them in their own tank for trading etc....
 
I agree with MIkeJ about 2-3 years. Or in the case of my new Coral Banded 20 minutes after I put him in he got attacked.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new