OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put them in a frag tank or fuge until they have molted once. This gets them used to catching prepared foods (flake food usually for me), larger and fully prepared for captivity. I have not had great luck just throwing them into the display without doing this. I have a cuban hog in that tank that constantly thinks that it can get them, but they can keep away from him. I get them 20 at a time and they come in a bit smaller, but in a month or six weeks they usually molt and are an inch long, or so.
I currently don’t have a frag tank, and other than my display all I have is a fish qt, which currently has another wrasse in it that will possibly see the shrimp as food.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 10 peppermint shrimp from WWC when I had an aptasia outbreak in my 120 gallon mixed reef. I’m talking at least 20 of the suckers. The shrimp made quick work of the aptasia then went for the LPS. I trapped half of them and moved them to another aquarium and that seemed to stop the coral aggression

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 10 peppermint shrimp from WWC when I had an aptasia outbreak in my 120 gallon mixed reef. I’m talking at least 20 of the suckers. The shrimp made quick work of the aptasia then went for the LPS. I trapped half of them and moved them to another aquarium and that seemed to stop the coral aggression
I don’t have an infestation, I have only been able to find a few but I’m sure there are more that I just don’t see.
Im hoping that I don’t regret adding them. I only got 3 shrimp because that is the most reef cleaners will sale without overnight shipping.

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like one to me and do not believe all that B.S. about them eating your coral the one I have never eats my coral maybe it will dance upon them occasionally but that is about all I have seen it do it does go crazy when I add food to the tank. It may be possible that the people that have peppermint shrimp that consume their coral do not feed the system enough.This is the one in my system under my coral living happily!

Attachments

• EC96BD3A-903D-43B7-994E-7C6B49A041BD.jpeg
    EC96BD3A-903D-43B7-994E-7C6B49A041BD.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 44

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back