Permanent Marker

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Planning on writing on frag plugs with permanent marker, just to keep track of names. Is it toxic to the tank or will it dissolve in the water?

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you Google "what's permanent markers made of"....you'll see it comprises of three ingredients

* ink.... which is organic and usually plant based material

* solvent... which is alcohol based. Heck I vodka dose 80proof alcohol daily in my reef tank

* resin.... a binder sorta like a glue. Heck we superglue and epoxy all kinds of stuff in our reef tanks

I personally dont see anything among all these "what's in permanent marker" websites to make me think its toxic for a reef tank as it leaches slowly into the saltwater in such a small amt

OP
OP
JAMSOURY

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you Google "what's permanent markers made of"....you'll see it comprises of three ingredients

* ink.... which is organic and usually plant based material

* solvent... which is alcohol based

* resin.... a binder sorta like a glue. Heck we superglue and epoxy all kinds of stuff in our reef tanks

I personally dont see anything among all these "what's in permanent marker" websites to make me think its toxic for a reef tank as it leaches slowly into the saltwater

Awesome thanks for that info!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back