Permanent placement

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure I could google but I trust the answers here more. So awhile back I ordered a small frag of an Eagles Eye zoa. It has four polyps on it. I have finally found the spot( on the very top of one of my rocks) it is fully opened and seems happy. So I am wanting to glue it down. It doesn’t seem like it can spread too easily on the plug or maybe that’s just me overthinking. So anyways, how do I take it off the plug? An xacto knife? And just glue it onto the rock right? As you can see I’m still new to the coral scene and I really like this little thing. I want it to thrive so I have fears of killing it.

TIA!
A7F59636-3617-4EE3-A7B7-F0059A00B8C7.jpeg

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Snap the stem off and glue it down...
You could also use a pair of clippers and nibble the frag plug down to where it’s just surrounding the polyps, then you can glue that nib to the rocks if you don’t like the sight of a frag plug.
But don’t exacto the polyps, that’s a no bueno and it will most certainly make them more prone to melting

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure I could google but I trust the answers here more. So awhile back I ordered a small frag of an Eagles Eye zoa. It has four polyps on it. I have finally found the spot( on the very top of one of my rocks) it is fully opened and seems happy. So I am wanting to glue it down. It doesn’t seem like it can spread too easily on the plug or maybe that’s just me overthinking. So anyways, how do I take it off the plug? An xacto knife? And just glue it onto the rock right? As you can see I’m still new to the coral scene and I really like this little thing. I want it to thrive so I have fears of killing it.

TIA!
A7F59636-3617-4EE3-A7B7-F0059A00B8C7.jpeg
For me, I never take zoas or palys off of the frag plug, to much of a risk of upsetting them and having them release palytoxin. I'll leave the scraping and cutting to the experts. While not every zoa and paly contains it, I don't like risking it. What I do is cut the stub off the bottom of the frag plug, and then puddy or superglue the plug into place. As far as growing, they'll find a way to make it around ;)

taxiem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually nibble the plugs away or cheat and leave them on the sand bed until they spread enough to cover the most of the plug. If you decide to remove or handle it though, don't forget gloves nad eye protection etc just in case hun xx

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back