Perry's 50Gallon AIO Waterbox Cube

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, already thinking about tank 2, likely be a new series of Waterbox that is coming out down the line, I cannot divulge details though, LOL :)
:rolleyes: ahh you tease you;) I have heard some rummers too.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Waterbox line?! I’ve not even had a chance to enjoy the older line. Maybe that will make it easier for us poor folk to buy one ;)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the thing I love about this hobby is PIF(pay it forward), today I met up with a local reef buddy, and was able to get some of my original corals back in the tank. I love redundancy with local reefers, it is a smart thing to do. I left his house with 10 acro frags today, some were from my old system, some were new. Several of the corals have a high ticket as they are considered desirable. The SC OP I took home was what I ultimately paid for. Let's just say that my buddy simply gave me corals today, lol :) Best hobby ever, I love that what you give in generosity, without expectations it comes back around. So, needless to say, my fingers have glue all over them ;)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few photos from this AM :)

IMG_9334.jpg
IMG_9297.jpg
IMG_9311.jpg
IMG_9315.jpg

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Looks like a perfect amount of sticks. With some room to let them grow in. Any concerns about any toxins the mushrooms may release? I’ve always been hesitant to put mushrooms in my tank.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Looks like a perfect amount of sticks. With some room to let them grow in. Any concerns about any toxins the mushrooms may release? I’ve always been hesitant to put mushrooms in my tank.

Haven't really worried too much, no issues at all, I do run a cup of carbon passive in the media box. Also staying up with water changes. I currently do 20% weekly, but that is likely going to go down to 10%, just feel the extra export is still necessary at this point. I still have room for a few more sticks, but will be focused on zoas and palys for my next additions, as I have a rock that is dedicated to full grow out of these species.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quick little video taken with samsung7. Nothing too special, but gives perspective of the tank layout and strategy.
Cheers :)
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update:
I have added a couple more fish to the system, always looking for unique small/nano size fish. I acquired a Meyer's Dragonette, and a Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish. Here is my updated fish list:
* Pair of True Perc's
* ORA Black Cardinal
* High Fin Goby
* Yasha Goby/ Paired with Tiger Pistol
* Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish
* Meyer's Dragonette

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I read in the past you were using AF life source. Are you still using it and what do you think of it?
Thanks

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I read in the past you were using AF life source. Are you still using it and what do you think of it?
Thanks

Yeah man, have not dosed in a month or so, but I totally feel this is advantageous for a new setup. Corals definitely get a food source, but I feel the product promotes stability on a micro level. This is key in many tanks that are devoid a foundation of micro balance. That said, I am very happy with the performance of this product. My reef is quite balanced at this point, I have so much micro life teeming in this tank, Life Source simply fuels it.

Duane Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank. I think I have decided to pull the trigger on this WB 50 AIO. I am guessing you would recommend it? I am upgrading from a 14G Biocube. I am running a chaeto reactor in the stand on my current setup but don't think I want to break the clean lines of this tank with all the tubing when I upgrade. curious if you think an algae reactor could be used in the middle chamber vs a skimmer or possibly both?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the tank. I think I have decided to pull the trigger on this WB 50 AIO. I am guessing you would recommend it? I am upgrading from a 14G Biocube. I am running a chaeto reactor in the stand on my current setup but don't think I want to break the clean lines of this tank with all the tubing when I upgrade. curious if you think an algae reactor could be used in the middle chamber vs a skimmer or possibly both?

I think you can get away with it, or, a hang on type of fuge would work too. A hang on reactor could easily be modded to run chaeto, and it could hang off the back with no issues at all. I am going to add a phosban reactor on the back of mine, here I will run zeolite, carbon, and gfo all stacked on top of one-another. I have plans to add several more fish, I feel the zeolites will help with rapid ammonia break down, which will help keep nitrates low. I have had success with chaeto, but feel it is easier for me to dose carbon and bacteria source and control nutrients this way, without need for additional reduction of nutrients. The skimmer keeps up just fine. I am usually 2.5ppm max on nitrates with my current regime. Let me know if I can assist in any way :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all that are following :)
Made some additions yesterday, with pics to follow :)
Scored a rainbow tenuis, more in the pink variety, pastel right now, but shows promise. Another small acro piece that resembles Pink Floyd. Picked up a nice Lobo, and another shroom, sort of a confetti rhodactis.
As the tank is evolving, I have realized how important placement will be in this tank for future grow out. That said, I moved corals around, and placed them in locations that will ensure their ability to mature. Here is my attempt at a current inventory. Tank is filling up :)
Softies~
Tyree Neon Green Toadstool
11 assorted paly/ zoas(some named, some not)
OG WWC Bounce
Red Devil Shroom
SBR Blueberry Bounce
Rainbow Yuma
Ironman Shroom
Rainbow Discoma
Blue/Green Discoma
Green Rhodactis
5 assorted Rainbow Rhodactis species
Fireworks Clove
Rainbow Clove

LPS~