OP
Perry

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm the one that should be thanking you Perry. For your excellence, insight, humility and willingness to help others. I almost feel like my questions are so far below you that I shouldn't be wasting your time. I'm grateful that you prove that notion wrong good sir!! My tank doesn't even house any acros in this last year. Almost through this extreme 2 year aiptaisia battle, then I will try again. Almost there!! Seems like every 9 or 10 months something happens that results in a year or 2 setback. Forget reefering1, I should have went with the name "struggles"...
But anyways, you've said enough to keep me busy for a while researching and educating myself. For the sake of keeping your journal clean, Would you prefer, if at all, that I pm you with more inquiries or keep it here? Thank you again reef master supreme deluxe;-)!!
-David

Hey David,
Feel free to post here or PM, whichever is really fine. If you are ever in the area, reach out, I have reef buddies over nearly every weekend, unless there's waves, but most of them surf too, lol :)
All the best my friend :)

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey David,
Feel free to post here or PM, whichever is really fine. If you are ever in the area, reach out, I have reef buddies over nearly every weekend, unless there's waves, but most of them surf too, lol :)
All the best my friend :)
Done!! I'm going to hold you to that, no take backs Perry ;-) I will try to keep your thread on track and keep off topic remedial questions on pm(sending one now). I don't surf but with good instruction, a life jacket, and some rope; i would love to give it a try. I appreciate your time, attention, and demeanor good sir- you are indeed one of the few. Keep the updates coming!!!
-David

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done!! I'm going to hold you to that, no take backs Perry ;-) I will try to keep your thread on track and keep off topic remedial questions on pm(sending one now). I don't surf but with good instruction, a life jacket, and some rope; i would love to give it a try. I appreciate your time, attention, and demeanor good sir- you are indeed one of the few. Keep the updates coming!!!
-David

Brother, that is what this is supposed to be about! Ask away!
Thanks again for the kind words :)

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sweet Reef Corals
Hey Jesse, check out this blue infection on the FHC Hell On Earth, this developed post fragging, really weird, that coral is so nice though :)

20230909_185043.jpg

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Sweet Reef Corals
Hey Jesse, check out this blue infection on the FHC Hell On Earth, this developed post fragging, really weird, that coral is so nice though :)

20230909_185043.jpg
You got my last frag of this Perry. Your colony looks very nice. It just didn’t seem to sell for me. I think because it was too similar to FoxFlame in my system.

Do me a favor and circle the blue you’re referring to. You have such a blend of nice grape shades on it that I’m not sure what you’re showing. Plus, I’m a little color blind :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hard to see, but if you look close enough, where I fragged it, is showing a different color, bluish/Lavender color, but I circled for you.
20230909_185043.jpg
Ya, I totally see it after you pointed that out. Very cool! Hopefully that will develop into a whole new blend of colors!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening!
I believe the final vision is now in place, the original design was a centerpiece bommie. After filling up the prop tank with thinned out corals from the display, I feel my OCD is being satisfied, lol :) I also moved all 4 powerheads to the back panel, 2 on full power constant flow, other 2 100% random ramping. The idea is to create a massive undertow, sweeping the reef, and pushing detritus out. So far, so good, really liking the 3 glass sides unobstructed :)

20230924_133005.jpg

20230924_133024.jpg

20230924_133048.jpg

20230924_133112.jpg

20230924_152727.jpg

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Perry! I watched a couple of your videos this morning on YouTube and heard that you are running a ReefBreeders Photon fixture. I liked the color pop of your tank and was hoping you would share your settings so I could get a breakdown of the color percentages and ratio. You've had some great growth between your October photo and your current video on YT. Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Perry! I watched a couple of your videos this morning on YouTube and heard that you are running a ReefBreeders Photon fixture. I liked the color pop of your tank and was hoping you would share your settings so I could get a breakdown of the color percentages and ratio. You've had some great growth between your October photo and your current video on YT. Keep up the great work!

Hey good morning!
Here is my curve. 7am-8pm is schedule.
All blues and uv peak to 95% and whites,red, and green to 25%
The hot period on all lamps is 10am-5pm, 7 hours of all lights on.
The Reefbreeders is wrapped with 2xt5 and Orphek OR3 Blue 9n both sides. The T5's run 10am-5pm as do the Orphek OR3 Blues. Tons of light :)
The colors too off even more recent when switching to daily trace dosing with TM Cationic and Anionic bottle set.
Thanks again for following brother!
Screenshot_20231218_052031_Reef Nexus.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back