Pest eating wrasse??

fishnchip

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
792
Reaction score
546
Location
FL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys!!

quick question.. Will a pink-streaked wrasse eat pests? I've heard of them eating flatworms but what about mites and that sort of thing?

Thanks #reefsquad
 
I don't have flatworms but I have these weird little invert looking things that nobody can identify for me. I was thinking of adding a wrasse to my 32 to get them out whatever they are. seem to be bugging my zoas more than anything. I'll post a pic of these super tiny creatures
 
I don't have flatworms but I have these weird little invert looking things that nobody can identify for me. I was thinking of adding a wrasse to my 32 to get them out whatever they are. seem to be bugging my zoas more than anything. I'll post a pic of these super tiny creatures
Can you post a picture of the weird little inverts? Lets see if we can give you a better answer.
 
IMG_8713.PNG

these things are supppperrrr tiny so it's almost impossible to get a clear pic
IMG_8718.PNG
 
Hey guys!!

quick question.. Will a pink-streaked wrasse eat pests? I've heard of them eating flatworms but what about mites and that sort of thing?

Thanks #reefsquad
You want just about any from the halichoeres family - yellow, melanarus to name a few. Keep in mind, pest eating wrasse means a wrasse that will have a taste for inverts, so snails and small hermits are usually a treat to them.
 
You want just about any from the halichoeres family - yellow, melanarus to name a few. Keep in mind, pest eating wrasse means a wrasse that will have a taste for inverts, so snails and small hermits are usually a treat to them.
do you know if any of those wrasses would be happy in a 32? I know most of them need bigger
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new