Pest eggs on coral skeleton

  • Thread starter Thread starter SOGavity
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SOGavity

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2024
Messages
151
Reaction score
55
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After knocking down my aquascape and putting it back together, I found a cluster of eggs on the bottom skeleton of my frog spawn. The eggs are about a millimeter in size, pink, and there were hundreds. As far as I can tell I do not have a pest issue in my tank. I have a few that are harmless and good filter feeders but nothing like flatworms or aptasia. Also, it's not on any other coral. This isn't a new to me coral either. I've had it along time.

20250722_115644.jpg
 
I have cerith snails, nassaruis snails, astrea snails, fighting conch, turbo snails, spiny trochus snails, money cowery. And hinestly... I've seen a decline and have been thinking of getting more to replace the ones I've lost.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new