Pest? ID help needed please

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found these tubes on the back/botom of one of my montiporas. They are hard and something inside it retracted when I picked it up. Doesn't look like a fan worm to me. The area where they have settled definitely bleached however its also an area that gets very little light where its placed. I notice the monti has not been looking as healthy as it usually does so thats how I discovered this. Attached is a photo of the potential pest and the opposite side of the coral which appears fairly healthy. If anyone can tell me what they are and if I should remove them that would be greatly appreciated. My instinct is to dip this piece but I dont want to jump to conclusions
unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed.jpg

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to tell under the blue light, but it looks like you have vermetid snails:
I'm also seeing a few vermetid snails (sessile snails that live in tube-like shells) in the picture, which can irritate coral with their mucus and spread rapidly. Glue the openings shut to eliminate them.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures under a white light will help. Looks like vermetid. I crush mine with a small pick. May be able to scrape off with a razor blade.

Back