Pest ID

drippyfish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
16
Location
toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gsp has not been opening fully for the last 2-3 weeks I just noticed this clearish looking thing growing near the bottom I thought it was aptasia at first but it doesnt really look like it. Could anybody identify what it is? and is this the reason my gsp has been closed? I attached a couple pictures and a video let me know what y’all think

IMG_0285.jpeg IMG_0283.jpeg IMG_0282.jpeg IMG_0278.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • D4E49AB5-16BA-4D4A-82A0-DB76EC0404AF.mp4
    14.5 MB
I agree, that looks like a ball anemone to me too. Typically, they don't cause too much trouble, but you can remove it if you think it may be bothering your GSP. One method is to inject it with lemon juice or white vinegar like you can do for Aptasia. In my state, I can buy a single insulin syringe at any pharmacy for like 50 cents, but I know in some states they don't allow that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new