Pest Macro Algae ID?

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2020
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,043
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached are images of the pest algae, which I’ve been dealing with for longer than I would have liked. It is comprised of singular stalks, which are filled with fluid (similar to bubble algae) and pop when broken. Any thoughts on ID?

As far as treatment, I have upgraded flow and filtration and will be doing ChemiClean treatments, along with physical removal and dipping as needed.

Thanks in advance!

6871E1FF-CA5C-4EC1-97F4-896E7136C323.jpeg F002609D-0C05-496D-936B-83A8B3FA6515.jpeg
 
Why ChemiClean,?

One Emerald crab will eat that in one day.
 
That looks like it is some kind of bubble algae, but I'm not sure on the specific ID (it might be a different Valonia sp., but I'm not super knowledgeable with macros yet).
 
Why ChemiClean,?

One Emerald crab will eat that in one day.
I personally find emerald crabs to be overrated, as all of the ones I’ve had in the past were more of a burden than anything and didn’t even eat algae but I can try again. Maybe I just got unlucky
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new