Pest?

fancy_fish101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2021
Messages
316
Reaction score
83
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a few of these pest in my tank. Not sure if they’re bad nudis or good. Sorry for the picture it hard to get a picture of them. There white
450A393A-6EA4-4015-B516-7015424D7C36.jpeg
 
They were on my montis. There are a few aiptasia on them.
My money is on monti eating nudis. Their little spikes look all jagged and weird unlike berghia. Here's one that I captured awhile back. Evil little things.

My Montis all got extremely white on the edges with polyps missing, I'd assume they're monti eaters til proven otherwise.
PXL_20220817_170822055.jpg
 
My money is on monti eating nudis. Their little spikes look all jagged and weird unlike berghia. Here's one that I captured awhile back. Evil little things.

My Montis all got extremely white on the edges with polyps missing, I'd assume they're monti eaters til proven otherwise.
PXL_20220817_170822055.jpg
What the best thing I can do to get ride of them?
 
What the best thing I can do to get ride of them?
Dipping doesn't outright kill them but it'll stun them and knock them off your frag plug. You'll need to brush the bottom edges of your Montis to clean off/kill the eggs though, dips don't do anything to the eggs.

I read about it online and I dipped and brushed my Montis once every 4 days. After a few weeks I stopped noticing them. I also added a yellow Corris wrasse to eat them (idk if they do, my LFS told me they did tho lol)
 
Dipping doesn't outright kill them but it'll stun them and knock them off your frag plug. You'll need to brush the bottom edges of your Montis to clean off/kill the eggs though, dips don't do anything to the eggs.

I read about it online and I dipped and brushed my Montis once every 4 days. After a few weeks I stopped noticing them. I also added a yellow Corris wrasse to eat them (idk if they do, my LFS told me they did tho lol)
Thank you. I’m adding a six line in 2 weeks.
 
Those are Montipora eating nudibranchs. Guess the question is how many months do you have and how much do you care about them?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new