Petco Betta Water for ATO ??

dannyd_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
I ran out of RODI water today and I get it from the store as I don’t have a unit. The lfs is closed now, so my option is only Petco but they only have “Betta water” and the description doesn’t provide much insight to its quality. Has anyone used this before as top off water or does anyone think it would be fine for temporary use? I have a 10 gallon mixed reef nano open lid so I don’t want to see the waterline drop half an inch by the time I can get more water tomorrow. Thank you for any insight you can provide.

PerculaBen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
I ran out of RODI water today and I get it from the store as I don’t have a unit. The lfs is closed now, so my option is only Petco but they only have “Betta water” and the description doesn’t provide much insight to its quality. Has anyone used this before as top of water or does anyone think it would be fine for temporary use? I have a 10 gallon mixed reef nano open lid so I don’t want to see the waterline drop half an inch by the time I can get more water tomorrow. Thank you for any insight you can provide.
I use distilled water from the grocery store for top off.

Pridedcloth3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go
Hello everyone
I ran out of RODI water today and I get it from the store as I don’t have a unit. The lfs is closed now, so my option is only Petco but they only have “Betta water” and the description doesn’t provide much insight to its quality. Has anyone used this before as top off water or does anyone think it would be fine for temporary use? I have a 10 gallon mixed reef nano open lid so I don’t want to see the waterline drop half an inch by the time I can get more water tomorrow. Thank you for any insight you can provide.
Pick up some distilled water and be done.

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use distilled in my aio 15 because I've had issues with some of my LFS rodi before. No problems with maintaining any levels. Except getting my phosphates up. But 8 weeks in all I've had was a short diatom period. I'm probably topping up a gal and a half a week and doing a 25% water change weekly. I may slow up on WC too get some kinda phosphate level going.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back