Petco vital care premier

itzyoboiricky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the Petco vital care premiere worth it? I don't have it yet but I'm planning in sinning up, but then i also notice there some things already discounted better than the vital care so for that would you get both discounts or just one ?

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the Petco vital care premiere worth it? I don't have it yet but I'm planning in sinning up, but then i also notice there some things already discounted better than the vital care so for that would you get both discounts or just one ?
I think it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
itzyoboiricky

itzyoboiricky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh so you can decide between the discounted one and the vital care ? Im signing up soon im just waiting for my cash app card to arrive lol

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on it for about a year. They changed it up this year though and I dropped it. You do get both discounts. I purchased quite a few aquariums when they were on the half off and got the additional discount - those were smaller rimless tanks. Then I got sucked into the saltwater vortex and I have three brand new 10 and one 20 gallon tanks hanging around my shed.

Last year you could join the programs that was just for fish or the one for your furry friends and I think you got 20 percent off. Now it is 15 percent off and the programs are combined. Plus you get your $5 a month reward. Our Petco that has saltwater isn't too good and I have 2 LFS that I prefer to shop at now. It wasn't enticing to me anymore.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined last year around August/september to get 20% discount on all fish and corals and fish products(filters etc) and supplies. Get a monthly coupon of $5. Also get the petco mastercard if you can, it gives you more points back on every $1 spent, useful for when buying food, salt mixes. Right after that they changed the policy for all new subscribers to a lower % discount. Not sure what it is now.
BTW you can get redsea, tropic marin test kits, salts etc online. I found out the discount also works on some branded aquariums like the prostar and JBJ. And on 1st time purchase you can combine the 1st time customer discount with petco credit card discount and the vital care discount to get a whopping deal on something like the prostar 90 or the fluval flex 32g or jbj65

Also find out where is the "master" aquactic center Petco store in your area/state. That's the petco you want to go visit, I found out that the "master" stores have a lot more flexibility in getting rarer livestock or corals ie they are allowed to source independently from local or non-traditional Petco suppliers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back