Peter's Innovative Marine NUVO EXT 200 Mixed Reef

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a Redsea Reefer 425 XL mixed reef. It is time to upgrade. I need more room for SPS and I want a few more tangs then I can fit in a 90 gallon tank (blue tang, powder brown, orange shoulder, and sailfin in addition to my current yellow and tomini). I was determined to get a Waterbox ReefLX 340.7 but at $8,500 vs the Innovative Marine EXT 200 at $3,600 with sump I could not pass it up. Plus I realized I could not fit a 7 foot tank in my space and still open the side doors so 6 feet is the max. I do have to do my own plumbing but after plumbing my garage tanks that should not be that difficult. Problem is my 425 XL is where the 200 EXT will go so that will be fun.

I picked up two 44 gallon brutes with wheels at Home Depot and will order 100# of Marco rocks. I will cycle them in the brute cans while I wait for the tank to come (to get the 40% discount from Innovative Marine you have to be willing to wait months). I like Parker's Reef on YouTube and he used Aquaforest Biofil to seed his tanks. I will give it a try with Dr Tims of course.

My plan is to set the tank up in the garage and do all the plumbing out there. That way all the plumbing will be ready to go when I move the redsea 425 and get the 200 EXT in its place.

For now I will sit and wait for the rocks and then the tank to come.

1674535775559.png

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(to get the 40% discount from Innovative Marine you have to be willing to wait months
It was on yesterday but Idk if it’s on today. What exactly do you mean by waiting months like every few months they do that?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was on yesterday but Idk if it’s on today. What exactly do you mean by waiting months like every few months they do that?
Build to order.... 12 to 16 week lead time.
They get a bunch of orders for that size, then do the run. Send them all out at the same time.
No special tanks, or special orders. Pay when ordering and can not be changed.

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of setting mine up in the garage as well so I can do all the plumbing out there. I think it will simply depend on if I can find 3 guys that like me enough to move it all twice! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Good luck!

OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of setting mine up in the garage as well so I can do all the plumbing out there. I think it will simply depend on if I can find 3 guys that like me enough to move it all twice! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Good luck!
Hah. I was thinking the same thing. Can you rent those suction handles?

OP
OP
tritonpower

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was considering getting the BRS 6 foot flow package. I would prefer to use the 2 Redsea reefwave25s though if I can. So I ordered just the 2 maxspect gyre XF350 and will use them on the sides with the reef waves in the back. I will probably end up getting 2 MP40s as well. Time will tell. I used one of the maxspect in a 45 gallon brute with a heater to cycle all my rock. I used the marco400 rock mortar to make some structures that I will mix with the rocks from my Reefer 425. The marco400 was pretty easy to use. Works amazing. The structures are so strong after 24 hours. I have a nano ATO I am not using so I won't have to top off the water in the brute. I tossed in some Dr Tim's and ammonia to start the cycle. I will probably toss in some fish pellets every few days as well. Now I will just sit back and wait for the tank. That and try to decide what lights I am going with....

20230204_113014.jpg

20230204_162416.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was considering getting the BRS 6 foot flow package. I would prefer to use the 2 Redsea reefwave25s though if I can. So I ordered just the 2 maxspect gyre XF350 and will use them on the sides with the reef waves in the back. I will probably end up getting 2 MP40s as well. Time will tell. I used one of the maxspect in a 45 gallon brute with a heater to cycle all my rock. I used the marco400 rock mortar to make some structures that I will mix with the rocks from my Reefer 425. The marco400 was pretty easy to use. Works amazing. The structures are so strong after 24 hours. I have a nano ATO I am not using so I won't have to top off the water in the brute. I tossed in some Dr Tim's and ammonia to start the cycle. I will probably toss in some fish pellets every few days as well. Now I will just sit back and wait for the tank. That and try to decide what lights I am going with....

20230204_113014.jpg

20230204_162416.jpg
I like the aquascape design!!

DarfrogDojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My finger is on the trigger for a IM 200 ext peninsula as a room divider. I currently have a 70g and 50g lagoon, both of which are doing very well. I want to consilodate into one big reef, but I am afraid of putting all of my eggs in one basket. Definitely following along.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back