Petter's Red Sea Reefer 625

Yesterday I saw my sea cucumber (Holothuria lencopilota) for the first time in almost a month. I thought it was dead. But apparently it was just a little shy.
 
Full screen. The aquarium has been running for 14 months.

PA300030.JPG
 
Pajama Cardinalfish (Sphaeramia nematoptera).

PA300053.JPG
 
One of my Tunze Nanostream 6020 has stopped working. It's been running around the clock for almost 10 years, so I'll not complain. Anyway, I have now ordered a new Tunze Nanostream 6020.
 
I'm got another worry. Bubble algae have started to grow in the aquarium, both in the sump and in the refugium and in the display aquarium. Tips on how to reduce or get rid of these are gratefully received.
 
PC010088.JPG
PC010090.JPG
PC010081.JPG
The aquarium has been running for 15 months.
 
Hi,

My name is Petter. I am from Sweden. Around the year 2000 , I started with Freshwater Aquriums, first focusing on Catfish. Then i switched to Malawi cichlids. At most i had four Freshwater Aquriums of varying sizes. December 2010 i got my first saltwater aqurium, a Red Sea 130D, and shortly after all the freshwater aquriums were sold.

Since a year ago i have a Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL. I run the aqurium according to the Triton Method. More info and photos will be coming soon.

Petter
What made you choose the 625 instead of the 750? I'm looking at either of those two tanks for my first tank and I can't make up my mind which to get.
 
What made you choose the 625 instead of the 750? I'm looking at either of those two tanks for my first tank and I can't make up my mind which to get.
There were mainly two reasons why I chose 625. I wanted an aquarium that was 150 cm (59") long because that is what I have room for at home. The other reason was simply that it was what I could afford.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new