PEX for mouning frags. Will it leach?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCOLE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Since PEX has not been extensively used in marine systems, it may be best to avoid due to the unknowns. CPVC or PVC may be safer options. Although, they are known to leach some Sn. However, I have not seen any elevated Sn in ICP analyses after installing new PVC.

I would go with gray PVC since it will be less of an eye sore than white or bright colors. They also make PVC in clear ($$).

I agree. I think I am going to just use the Acrylic like I originally planned. I will mount the top of a frag plug to the acrylic and wait to dry. Then mount to the rockwork. This will allow me to mount a coral or top of frag plug to the rod easily. Going between this and the CPVC route due to the size.

20211128_104612.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new