pH Probe Calibration Error - Apex 2016 updated firmware

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, purchased a BRS new double junction pH probe and installed it today. I routinely calibrate my probes with no problems. When attempting to calibrate this new probe with 7.01 and 10.01 solution, I received the error pictured several times. I rebooted my APEX and re-plugged in the probe. Finally, I was able to get it to calibrate. Funny thing, it was displaying a reading prior to calibration just fine. Any ideas? I have the latest version of APEX firmware. It seems to be working fine now. In addition to the error pictured I also received a "connection error", but everything was connected ok and I was able to control the APEX.

Screenshot_20221012-174139_APEX Fusion.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello, purchased a BRS new double junction pH probe and installed it today. I routinely calibrate my probes with no problems. When attempting to calibrate this new probe with 7.01 and 10.01 solution, I received the error pictured several times. I rebooted my APEX and re-plugged in the probe. Finally, I was able to get it to calibrate. Funny thing, it was displaying a reading prior to calibration just fine. Any ideas? I have the latest version of APEX firmware. It seems to be working fine now. In addition to the error pictured I also received a "connection error", but everything was connected ok and I was able to control the APEX.

Screenshot_20221012-174139_APEX Fusion.jpg
I’ve run into the same issue and tried a different solution packet which finally worked

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wait a minute after I put the probe into each calibration solution before I click on the 'Next' button. I feel this allows the probe to settle more and I don't get failed calibrations.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a new probe leave it in the tank and wait a day or two before you calibrate it. It has been stored with storage solution which is about a pH of 4. let it acclimate for a while and then try. Just make sure the glass bulb at the end is not broken. Below is a photo showing the glass bulb at the end.

7955CDBF-488E-4245-B944-49C9DB498B88.jpeg

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the above to leave a new probe in the tank for awhile before trying to calibrate. I literally leave a new probe for a couple weeks just to be sure. I use the pinpoint solutions that match my pinpoint double junction probes and yes be sure to float the solution bags in the water before calibrating.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back