pH Probe Calibration Error - Apex 2016 updated firmware

LittleMaui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, purchased a BRS new double junction pH probe and installed it today. I routinely calibrate my probes with no problems. When attempting to calibrate this new probe with 7.01 and 10.01 solution, I received the error pictured several times. I rebooted my APEX and re-plugged in the probe. Finally, I was able to get it to calibrate. Funny thing, it was displaying a reading prior to calibration just fine. Any ideas? I have the latest version of APEX firmware. It seems to be working fine now. In addition to the error pictured I also received a "connection error", but everything was connected ok and I was able to control the APEX.

Screenshot_20221012-174139_APEX Fusion.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello, purchased a BRS new double junction pH probe and installed it today. I routinely calibrate my probes with no problems. When attempting to calibrate this new probe with 7.01 and 10.01 solution, I received the error pictured several times. I rebooted my APEX and re-plugged in the probe. Finally, I was able to get it to calibrate. Funny thing, it was displaying a reading prior to calibration just fine. Any ideas? I have the latest version of APEX firmware. It seems to be working fine now. In addition to the error pictured I also received a "connection error", but everything was connected ok and I was able to control the APEX.

Screenshot_20221012-174139_APEX Fusion.jpg
I’ve run into the same issue and tried a different solution packet which finally worked

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wait a minute after I put the probe into each calibration solution before I click on the 'Next' button. I feel this allows the probe to settle more and I don't get failed calibrations.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a new probe leave it in the tank and wait a day or two before you calibrate it. It has been stored with storage solution which is about a pH of 4. let it acclimate for a while and then try. Just make sure the glass bulb at the end is not broken. Below is a photo showing the glass bulb at the end.

7955CDBF-488E-4245-B944-49C9DB498B88.jpeg

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the above to leave a new probe in the tank for awhile before trying to calibrate. I literally leave a new probe for a couple weeks just to be sure. I use the pinpoint solutions that match my pinpoint double junction probes and yes be sure to float the solution bags in the water before calibrating.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%

Back