pH probe cannot calibrate

disaster999

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
538
Reaction score
254
Location
Hong Kong
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a pH monitor that isnt an Apex and can log long period of data and not just 5 days like some Chinese ones and came across Reef-Pi which I thought fits my bill. After several late nights debugging session with Gemini AI and hair pullings later I finally got the pH probe to work and start logging the pH of the cup of water the probe is sitting in now. But when I to calibrate my probe the button is there but I cannot click on it.

I notice there is 1 error detected and the error states
failed load raspberry pi driver. Error:can't build hal pin 26: strconv.Atoi: parsing "34+rpt": invalid syntax
After several back and forth with Google Gemini and following its recommendation, it concluded that it might be the raspberry OS is too "new" for reef-pi? the pin doesnt stay constant, and moved several times to pin 2 , then 12 and 26.

Any idea how to fix this so I could calibrate my probe?
 
You probably need to downgrade to legacy (Bullseye). Looks like that is the case.
 
Well I downgraded to bullseye, there's no more errors shown but I still cant calibrate the probe.
 
OK, I finally found out why I cant calibrate my pH probe. Turns out I have to stop the probe first before I could calibrate. I wouldnt of known that if i hadnt over my mouse over the calibrate button for a second too long and saw a dialog box pop up. There are no documentation of any kind about it and the build guide mentions nothing about it. I feel punked and also relieved that I could finally calibrate my probe but another issue Im facing now is the default calibration level for midpoint is 7 and high point is 10. Typical calibration fluid are usually 6.86, and 9.18 and im not sure by manually entering the values does reef-pi know Im calibrating against those figures.

Also on the older version of reef-pi we were given a low point value of 4 to calibrate but on 6.0 the low point is missing. Not sure how that affects the calibration.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new