Phosban 150 Reactors Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got two phosban 150 reactors. I am going to run them in series.

What pump should I use to power the two of them?

What material should I put in them? I would like to get my nitrates down and although my phosphates read 0 with Api test, I do have some small short hair algae I would like to get rid of and I know 0.00 phosphates will do this. Any recommendations or pictures of what your running would be great !
Thank you!
 
Depending on what you are putting into the reactors it may not be desirable to run them in a series due to differences in flow
Put one pump and with a Tee and Valve to each reactor then you can control the flow independently to each.
Something like spectrapure does here Dual Chamber Media Reactor
 
What would be your recommendation to run? I see how they did that, pretty simple.
 
And would a Maxijet 1200 do the job?
 
I would start with GFO in one and Carbon in the other and see how it goes
Yes to Maxijet 1200
 
Are there big differences between the cobalt and the marine land?
 
Also in terms of what I run, I actually run the BRS dual chamber reactor with two chemi pure blue bags and a phosban 500 for my phosphate removal. Also, do you have a refugium set up?Its a great way to offload your DT nitrates by feeding it to macro algae in a fuge. I use a 20 gallon long with a timer so my lights turn on when the DT lights shut down.
 
I do have an area in my sumo filled with rubble that I would like to add some mud and chaeto too. This tank setup 55 with a 13 gal acrylic sump is just temporary. I have a 72 that I plan to use a 40B for a sump with a big fuge.
 
So I just got two phosban 150 reactors. I am going to run them in series.

What pump should I use to power the two of them?

What material should I put in them? I would like to get my nitrates down and although my phosphates read 0 with Api test, I do have some small short hair algae I would like to get rid of and I know 0.00 phosphates will do this. Any recommendations or pictures of what your running would be great !
Thank you!

The phosphate level should be 0.018
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new