PhosGuard and Reed Flux

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikebusc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikebusc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2023
Messages
304
Reaction score
175
Location
Douglassville, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started a regiment of reef flux two days ago. I just read now that I should have removed my bag of Phosguard that I had in the refugium. Do you think that’s going to cause a problem? Maybe negate the effects of the reflux?
 
Definitely hard to say. If you were fighting bryopsis you would already know as it would have started bleaching already. For GHA it can take weeks to see any effects, if at all.

That said, it's not like the dose level is based on any real science, and microdosing seems to work for a lot of people. You could always just dose a bit more. (And like Eeyore said, relocate any macro algae.)

GFO would be fine to run during the treatment.
 
I have heard that before, but some other people in his forum said it didn’t affect it. And the first and second time I’ve used it, it never affected mine either.
It might depend on the type...

How well did it remove the nuisance algae the other times?

IMO, best to reserve the use of drugs to severe cases of bryopsis...
 
So I started a regiment of reef flux two days ago. I just read now that I should have removed my bag of Phosguard that I had in the refugium. Do you think that’s going to cause a problem? Maybe negate the effects of the reflux?

I do not believe that fluconazole has any potential to bind to phosguard, and so I see no reason to avoid it (for that reason; I'm not a fan due to it being aluminum).

Where did you read to not use phosguard with fluconazole?
 
I do not believe that fluconazole has any potential to bind to phosguard, and so I see no reason to avoid it (for that reason; I'm not a fan due to it being aluminum).

Where did you read to not use phosguard with fluconazole?
I really can’t recall where I read that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new