Phosphate concentration in Fritz salt

Betta2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Naples
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested my marine tank for phosphate using an API Reef Master Test Kit and found a concentration of 0.50 ppm. Curious as to why it was so high, I prepared a gallon of saltwater from Fritz Aquatics Reef Pro Mix and found a concentration of 0.25-0.50 ppm. I tested the RO water from which it was prepared and found a phosphate concentration of 0 ppm.

Please comment.
 
Firstly you should get a better test kit. Hanna URL Phosphate is considered the best.

Also you can contact Fritz about the batch which can be found on the box.

Personally I haven't seen phosphates in my Fritz Blue Box
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new