Phosphate levels?

NoMu Fish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2021
Messages
115
Reaction score
42
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I was just curious on what everyone keeps their phosphates at in their reef tank?! I have a 15 G Nano tank with softies and LPS. My phosphates on my Hanna checker ULR is 0.06. Is this acceptable? Just looking for some opinions because I have seen mixed reviews online! Thanks in advance!
 
Hello everyone!

I was just curious on what everyone keeps their phosphates at in their reef tank?! I have a 15 G Nano tank with softies and LPS. My phosphates on my Hanna checker ULR is 0.06. Is this acceptable? Just looking for some opinions because I have seen mixed reviews online! Thanks in advance!
thats fine as long as ur not at 0 . yeah its confusing because everyone runs different , go by ur corals that u have . im running a little under .2 I have a heavy coral load and every time I mess with po4 my corals get ticked off .
 
I generally recommend 0.02 to 0.1 ppm phosphate with above the range being better than below it) and 2-10 ppm nitrate (above the range better than below)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new