Phosphate levels?

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I was just curious on what everyone keeps their phosphates at in their reef tank?! I have a 15 G Nano tank with softies and LPS. My phosphates on my Hanna checker ULR is 0.06. Is this acceptable? Just looking for some opinions because I have seen mixed reviews online! Thanks in advance!

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I was just curious on what everyone keeps their phosphates at in their reef tank?! I have a 15 G Nano tank with softies and LPS. My phosphates on my Hanna checker ULR is 0.06. Is this acceptable? Just looking for some opinions because I have seen mixed reviews online! Thanks in advance!
thats fine as long as ur not at 0 . yeah its confusing because everyone runs different , go by ur corals that u have . im running a little under .2 I have a heavy coral load and every time I mess with po4 my corals get ticked off .

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally recommend 0.02 to 0.1 ppm phosphate with above the range being better than below it) and 2-10 ppm nitrate (above the range better than below)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back