Phosphate rx vs coral growth

  • Thread starter Thread starter kris2001
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kris2001

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
727
Reaction score
101
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 gallon mix reef 7 years old.

I run vodka dosing few minutes daily. I have a skimmer. I also dose Rx 8 drops a week.

In your experience does phosphate RX affect Coral growth?

Seems to affect monti and Zoa...
 
I’ve not heard of a specific lanthanum effect on coral growth. Any observed effect would be intertwined with the phosphate/coral growth connection, which itself is highly variable and unclear.

It appears that in many cases, a phosphate drop (if not done extremely slowly) is worse than a steady phosphate level, even if phosphate starts very high.
 
I wonder if that phosphate RX messed with corals only if the precipitate doesn't get filtered / skimmed out of the system?!

Any opinions?
 
I wonder if that phosphate RX messed with corals only if the precipitate doesn't get filtered / skimmed out of the system?!

Any opinions?

The only clear effects I’ve seen discussed relate to tang health. There are lots of bad effects from lowering phosphate, but it does not seem lanthanum specific.
 
This is my sump... Skimmer chamber tote...

I drip calcium reactor effluent into this tube that has openings in bottom near skimmer intake. Recently , I started dripping calcium RX here as well.... So that precipitate can go to skimmer soon.. Hope this is ok!?
Click video
 

Attachments

  • 20250116_171010.mp4
    19.5 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new