Phosphate solver?

Marcus Rogers

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2018
Messages
73
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My phosphates are reading at about .25 and I am getting algae growth on my rocks. I am also going to assume that the algae is eating the phosphates which makes them seem lower than what they actually are. Before I started my reef tank my phosphates were extremely high like 10ppm+ so i dosed phosphate rx until it got to a reasonable level. My question is how can I lower my phosphate lower and maintain it at that level. I do not have any fish in the tank (currently fallow). I do not have a sump or a protein skimmer so that kind of limits my options...
 
Don’t worry about the phosphates. Scrub and cuc is really the thing.
I have stupid nutrients and not a while lot of algae.
Try a Refugium if you can too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new