Phosphate Testing Confusion

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should also invest in the Hanna Phosphorus ULR. It is more accurate with low phos readings. One day I got a 0.00 reading on the Hanna phosphate tester and performed another test on the ULR tester and got 19 which is 0.58. Glad I have both testers, prevented me from adding phos..

typo there I think...0.058

Hanna has said both should have the same accuracy, the phosphorus is something like 0.015 and the ulr phosphate 774 is listed as 0.02 but Hanna explained the difference on the units being used on paper rather than one being more accurate than the other.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
typo there I think...0.058

Hanna has said both should have the same accuracy, the phosphorus is something like 0.015 and the ulr phosphate 774 is listed as 0.02 but Hanna explained the difference on the units being used on paper rather than one being more accurate than the other.
Yes typo. Reading 0.058. Well maybe they are both accurate for the levels they work at, what I meant was the ULR will read the lower levels better than the other tester. I like them both.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my nutrients lower than you do. My nitrogen is about 1%. And my phosphates read 0 with the Hanna phosphorous test. If I feed a bit heavy, I will get a low phosphate reading the next day. I figure that the fish poop is giving the corals enough nutrients. My acropora look fine. My montipora are furnishing and are bent on taking over the world. My euphylla and facia are doing well too. So fish poop seems to be enough. I test in the morning and with filter socks, skimming and chaeto, the phosphorous is probably at a low point then.

Back