Phosphates for BTA's

TriggersAmuck

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2015
Messages
825
Reaction score
846
Location
Tampa, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 14 gallon cube tank (see my build thread tag to the left) housing a green BTA and a rose BTA. The tank was set up in August, and NO3 has been 0 (unmeasurable) for the past couple weeks (Red Sea Pro and NYOS kits) and Phosphate is at 0.23 (Hanna ULR meter). I have long hair algae taking firm root on the rockwork despite having a couple golf balls of Chaeto in the AquaClear refugium and doing weekly large (>80%) water changes.

While algae/nutrient management is one thing, my simple question is simply whether that phosphate is too high for the BTAs?
 
I'm not one to say definitively what will or won't work for you. But, my bubble tip has been happy in my tank with .4 phosphate for the past month or so while I'm trying to get it down
 
I have a 14 gallon cube tank (see my build thread tag to the left) housing a green BTA and a rose BTA. The tank was set up in August, and NO3 has been 0 (unmeasurable) for the past couple weeks (Red Sea Pro and NYOS kits) and Phosphate is at 0.23 (Hanna ULR meter). I have long hair algae taking firm root on the rockwork despite having a couple golf balls of Chaeto in the AquaClear refugium and doing weekly large (>80%) water changes.

While algae/nutrient management is one thing, my simple question is simply whether that phosphate is too high for the BTAs?
I have had my bubble tips in 1.06 po4 water for maybe a week before I noticed and they where fine never noticed any I'll effect
 
My BTA is perfectly happy and my PO4 has been .5 forever. NO3 is always 40-50.

Attach9766_20200406_085502.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new