Phosphates for BTA's

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 14 gallon cube tank (see my build thread tag to the left) housing a green BTA and a rose BTA. The tank was set up in August, and NO3 has been 0 (unmeasurable) for the past couple weeks (Red Sea Pro and NYOS kits) and Phosphate is at 0.23 (Hanna ULR meter). I have long hair algae taking firm root on the rockwork despite having a couple golf balls of Chaeto in the AquaClear refugium and doing weekly large (>80%) water changes.

While algae/nutrient management is one thing, my simple question is simply whether that phosphate is too high for the BTAs?

TooMuchDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not one to say definitively what will or won't work for you. But, my bubble tip has been happy in my tank with .4 phosphate for the past month or so while I'm trying to get it down

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 14 gallon cube tank (see my build thread tag to the left) housing a green BTA and a rose BTA. The tank was set up in August, and NO3 has been 0 (unmeasurable) for the past couple weeks (Red Sea Pro and NYOS kits) and Phosphate is at 0.23 (Hanna ULR meter). I have long hair algae taking firm root on the rockwork despite having a couple golf balls of Chaeto in the AquaClear refugium and doing weekly large (>80%) water changes.

While algae/nutrient management is one thing, my simple question is simply whether that phosphate is too high for the BTAs?
I have had my bubble tips in 1.06 po4 water for maybe a week before I noticed and they where fine never noticed any I'll effect

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My BTA is perfectly happy and my PO4 has been .5 forever. NO3 is always 40-50.

Attach9766_20200406_085502.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back