Phosphates zero

Melanie Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for natural ways to raise phosphates.
I dose my nitrates with NeoNitro but phosphates are zero. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming phosphate are truly "0" and not poor resolution of testing equipment, feed more, add more coral food, or use sodium phosphate or commercial phosphate additives. Consider reducing your nutrient export to raise both.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend you keep your phosphate very low anyway, around 0.03ppm and if my Hanna says 0 I’m delighted because it probably won’t be due to test error.

Raised phosphate can cause many unwanted issues

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for natural ways to raise phosphates.
I dose my nitrates with NeoNitro but phosphates are zero. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
If you have 0 p04 without any gfo or similar you might be ok but if you are using p04 reducing media and have 0 on Hanna ultra low there is every chance you haven’t enough p04 which can be very dangerous.

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell also has a product called neophos. I am fighting the same battle. May take a bit from what I have been reading, what size is your tank?? Stuff is very reasonable on Amazon.

OP
OP
Melanie Fish

Melanie Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell also has a product called neophos. I am fighting the same battle. May take a bit from what I have been reading, what size is your tank?? Stuff is very reasonable on Amazon.
It's a 40 gallon. I'll look into that. Was using vibrant to knock out some bubble algae and nutrients bottomed out. Got the nitrate up but phosphates have been tricky.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 40 gallon. I'll look into that. Was using vibrant to knock out some bubble algae and nutrients bottomed out. Got the nitrate up but phosphates have been tricky.

I use Neophos also. I would highly recommend getting the hanna ULR phosphate checker also. It is very good at giving accurate ultra low readings where as the titration kits, not so much.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem phosphorus if your thinking about dosing.
Vibrant seems to eliminate my PO4 as well.
Almost finished Vibrant, so hopefully PO4 returns to normal.
I am using 1ml per day in my 65g to bring it up from 0 to 0.03.
It appears to be consumed in this trace amount daily.
I not a believer that it binds to rock work and then leached back into the column.

6A717059-6703-4CD3-8BAA-C755352AE799.jpeg

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my phosphate is floating at around .29 since I dropped it from .90. I dosed phosphate rx again at 50% strength which brought down to .17 and now it’s back at it at .22. I am running only about 15% GFO and skimmer off since my nitrate reading is around 2 If that. So I am pretty sure it’s the bunch of dry rocks I dumped in last year.

I don’t think I am going to take them out as they are at what I like it. So now I really don’t know what’s the right approach as if I start to run gfo at a higher strength to maintain it, it would strip my sps which I have done it before even at 50%.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple fix is feed heavier. Or feed some pellets if youve been only using frozen. Fish won’t mind.
Or neoPhos. If you have a refugium turn the light out for a while. Take out GFO if you’re running that. Even chemi-pure blue and elite have phosphate removing media in them so you could stop running that momentarily too. Idk lol

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple fix is feed heavier. Or feed some pellets if youve been only using frozen. Fish won’t mind.
Or neoPhos. If you have a refugium turn the light out for a while. Take out GFO if you’re running that. Even chemi-pure blue and elite have phosphate removing media in them so you could stop running that momentarily too. Idk lol
So I guess my refugium is doing too well and pulling almost all the nitrates out. Will turn it off and give it a try

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back