Photons in the same room?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Clayton7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Photon V2 48” that I upgraded to the + on my 75g tank. I recently plumbed a frag tank next to the main display and added a Photon V2+ 24” to it. I have programmed both lights in separate rooms and installed them back on the tanks, but they seem to be communicating oddly. I have them both on custom settings for their individual tanks, but it seems like the lights turn on randomly now and even at times that no lights are scheduled to run. Is there a way to fix this? Or maybe something I may be overlooking?

OP
OP
Clayton7

Clayton7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yessir, I have tried that. Even unplugged it each of them while I programmed each one and saved the settings to the lights and turned back on. Now it seems that they both are working fine but I have to keep the remotes for each lights in a separate room. The original photon V2 that I have upgraded to the V2+ chip set seems to be faltering. It randomly flashes on and off sporadically with no rhyme or reason and resumes the scheduled settings even when the lights are set to 0% on all channels it will flash a few times and go back to dark. Probably going to re-install the original chip set for it and see if that fixes the flashing. I upgraded the chip set about 5 months ago.

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I added my 2nd light I had the same issue. Somehow my problem stopped and now they both appear to be synched. I do still get the initial flash through the different channels on the startup in the morning. It goes thru all the channels once then operates as programmed.

OP
OP
Clayton7

Clayton7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I get flashes throughout the day/night. I just put the old chip set back in to see if it works without the flashes. It may be piddly, but when I wake up at 5am to start work and the light flashes on and off of a few seconds randomly, it almost makes me jump out of my drawers.

MichaelClark55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, I get flashes throughout the day/night. I just put the old chip set back in to see if it works without the flashes. It may be piddly, but when I wake up at 5am to start work and the light flashes on and off of a few seconds randomly, it almost makes me jump out of my drawers.
I forgot about the advise I got from Logan:
Give the below steps a try:

1) Press menu, go to custom and scroll all the way to the hours.

2) Scroll through all 24 hours multiple times (you can do this quickly, you're not looking at the numbers just cycling every hour multiple times).

3) Press OK

4) Reset the clock by pressing and holding the up/down arrow keys at the same time simultaneously. If the time is already correct, change it by 1 hour then change it back before pressing OK.

The jebao pumps you have now may very well be blocking some of the signal from your remotes- be sure that the master/slave mode is totally off on those. Both the M and S LEDs should be off.

OP
OP
Clayton7

Clayton7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot about the advise I got from Logan:
Give the below steps a try:

1) Press menu, go to custom and scroll all the way to the hours.

2) Scroll through all 24 hours multiple times (you can do this quickly, you're not looking at the numbers just cycling every hour multiple times).

3) Press OK

4) Reset the clock by pressing and holding the up/down arrow keys at the same time simultaneously. If the time is already correct, change it by 1 hour then change it back before pressing OK.

The jebao pumps you have now may very well be blocking some of the signal from your remotes- be sure that the master/slave mode is totally off on those. Both the M and S LEDs should be off.
Sweet thanks! I will give this a shot when I can. I installed the old chip set for now since I will be leaving for business soon and don't feel like taking 100 screws back out to reinstall it:). I was not using it to run any pumps at the time, just wanted the shorter ramp increments.

OP
OP
Clayton7

Clayton7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also may be a dumbarse here, but the V2 remote has a setting where I can change the address. May be what I am missing. Trying to run 2 tanks on the same style lights but on different settings with 2 different remotes.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey- the V2 and V2+ are on separate channels. However if you run both of the same model nearby, ie 2 x V2+, the remote will always pick them up. You need to program one while the other is unplugged and vice versa, and do not use the remote again unless you unplug the light you don't intend to control.

We do have the Reef Nexus upgrade kit, which allows for more advanced control through our Reef Nexus app.

Also, sounds like lightening is on- to toggle off, go one setting to the right of the hour setting in custom mode, and make sure the lightening icon says OFF. Then press OK to save.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back