Photosynthesis gorgonian not opening up

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxngn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

foxngn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2015
Messages
246
Reaction score
127
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

2 weeks back i purchased a gorgonian which was marked as photosynthesis type.

I placed it under mid light mid flow.
But it doesn't fully expand its white polyps, usually is just abit of here and there.

Recently i tried to relocate it with the same environment of mid light mid flow(maybe a bit more than its original place) but still it behave the same.

What can i do in order to get its polyps to fully expand?

IMG_20210426_210420.jpg IMG_20210426_210353.jpg
 
I would try stronger flow. They like it. It keeps them clean too.
 
I would try stronger flow. They like it. It keeps them clean too.

Now the flow is enough to makes all branching vibrating. Should i aim for shaking effect from a stronger flow?

I heard that photosynthesis gorgonian also like high light, since they mostly hanginh out in shallow water.
Should i try to move it high too?

Another thing is, there's no issue for me to place them horizontally right?
 
Mine are constantly swaying and are at the top of the tank under MH lights. I have one growing horizontally. It does okay.
 
That's cool.

In such case, i may try to put it further up almost the top of my tank.

But do they enjoy in front of a wavemaker?

 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new