Phyto Light

  • Thread starter Thread starter jesusq
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jesusq

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2014
Messages
17
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to grow phyto. What is the best light to grow it?

I have tried a 40W purple light with no success.

Should I go with something higher wattage, or something more white?
 
I would order concentrated frozen phyto from Reed Aquaculture. I use these to grow rotifer for my clown fish without problem.
 
I am trying to grow phyto. What is the best light to grow it?

I have tried a 40W purple light with no success.

Should I go with something higher wattage, or something more white?
I think phyto would do better with a daylight spectrum bulb.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new