Phytoplankton and Copepods

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some great info here already, where do you guys that culture these things get the filters from? I want a mandarin so badly and I want to make sure I can feed it well. What seem to be the easiest for you guys to culture? I know set-up is easy, any all in one packages available through any online retailers?

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get my stuff from Florida aqua farms for the phyto culture. Pods just require some live ones and a 5 gallon bucket once you have a steady supply of Phyto going

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen some great info here already, where do you guys that culture these things get the filters from? I want a mandarin so badly and I want to make sure I can feed it well. What seem to be the easiest for you guys to culture? I know set-up is easy, any all in one packages available through any online retailers?

Instead of growing the algae, you can always buy it from us. We culture multiple species of marine microalgae at our farm in California. We supply phytoplankton concentrates into aquaculture and the hobby so you don't have to worry about it. Our Phyto-Feast contains 45grams, wet weight, of phytoplankton and also has 6 different species in the bottle. For more information, look here: https://reefnutrition.com/phyto_feast.php.

We have a store locator for you to see if there is a dealer in your area that carries us: https://reefnutrition.com/store-locator/. You can also buy direct. We also carry single species cultures of copepods and rotifers, so feel free to explore our live feeds section.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
Chad

D. Torres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back