Picking a New Skimmer

Collinw24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I currently have a AquaC EV-240 running on my heavy stocked 180, it gets the job done but I can't help but think a newer, more modern skimmer would be worth it. Especially since I've been noticing nitrates creeping up. I do plan to upgrade to a 300+ gal tank within 6 months, so I'm trying to buy a skimmer that will still work when I upgrade. Also trying to keep it under about $750. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

thirst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Deltec skimmers work pretty well. I believe one of the R2R sponsors carries them, Adam at Battle Coral

OP
OP
Collinw24

Collinw24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at a Reef Life

I assume you're talking about a lifereef, and I'd love to get one and it would be my go-to, but I would want one of the larger models, but I'm limited to 29" under my tank.

How much power do you think it is? If I had to guess, I'd guess it's down around 85w.

The power draw isn't the only reason I want to replace it. I just feel like a new skimmer would out perform the AquaC.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you'r curious at all or considering a Deltec, even in the least bit, let me know. I can tell you anything you may want to know and maybe help you make a descision

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you're talking about a lifereef, and I'd love to get one and it would be my go-to, but I would want one of the larger models, but I'm limited to 29" under my tank.

The power draw isn't the only reason I want to replace it. I just feel like a new skimmer would out perform the AquaC.
Yea that is what I ment LifeReef. I went with the 5'er and I will never look back. Set and forget. Quality build.

OP
OP
Collinw24

Collinw24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been considering maybe getting a Reef Octopus elite 220, seems like a solid skimmer. I know it'd be a bit oversized for now, but it'll be nice when I upgrade.

Kenmx10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your interested, I have a New in Box, Super Reef Octopus SRO 3000 listed in the sales forum. Its a recirculating skimmer with the bubble blaster pump. Its rated for up to 400 gallons.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back