Pickupman66's 180 GC build

Took a panoramic photo of the tank last night. not the best but we are looking good.

20120628_185702.jpg
 
Updated Photos!!! I busted out the camera last night and took a few. Still working with the best settings on getting good photos out of it.


DSC_3887.jpg

DSC_3891.jpg

DSC_3892.jpg

DSC_3894.jpg

DSC_3905.jpg

This one has taken off as of late
DSC_3899.jpg

DSC_3909.jpg

DSC_3915.jpg

DSC_3921.jpg

DSC_3926.jpg

DSC_3938.jpg
 
Wow, Lindsey! The tank is looking great, man. Awesome job.

Brandon
 
OK. hope you guys dont mind, but I wanted to put together a few sets of growth shots. This is more for me than anyone else.


Lets start with a FTS.


July1 2012
DSC_3948.jpg

July 1 2011
DSC_1808.jpg

This is one of the very first frags put into this tank. it is a Pink Pocilipora and I believe it is a frag from my old 75. when I got it, it was TINY!!
CIMG1285.jpg

NOvember 2010
CIMG1396.jpg

June 2011
DSC_1528.jpg

Present
DSC_3924.jpg

Nepthelia Feb 2011
2011-02-16211505.jpg

present
DSC_3939.jpg



Grape Sherbert
4-2011
DSC_0305Medium.jpg

march 1 2012
DSC_3107.jpg

present
DSC_3894.jpg



Pink Acro. No clue what it is.
June 2011
DSC_1538.jpg

Present
DSC_3923.jpg
 
Last edited:
Rescued brown acro. we had no clue at the time.
July 2011
DSC_1779.jpg

Looking like something nice in December 11
DSC_2764.jpg

WOW. we think it may be a Cerealis but not sure. its about 4-5" left to right.
DSC_3921.jpg

Isnt this one simple. Some sort of stag I got in jan of 2011.
6-2011
DSC_1541.jpg

present
DSC_3935.jpg
 
Its amazing some of the growth of some corals in a year's time. some are slow and some are quite fast. day to day, you really dont notice them. but over a few months... BAM. for instance, the pink acro above was just a nub, less than a full inch. if you add up all the growth to it, it is very close to 10-12" total. 3" per branch in a year.

So what changed? Only my lights. I upgraded to LED's in December 2011. for those that say you cannot get growth out of LED's vs halides, this thread is proof positive you can!
 
Last edited:
Took a top down on the clam tonight after killing some aptasia and working on the lights.

DSC_3960Medium.jpg


 
Pink Acro. No clue what it is.
June 2011
DSC_1538.jpg

Present
DSC_3923.jpg

Lindsey,

Did you get this from me? If you did I think it's the robins egg I got from H@rry. It is solid blue in my tank though. The whole thing is the color of the growth tips if that makes sense.
 
NO, I got that from Orthokardia. I have robin's egg from Harry and it is very different.
 
Funny u say that. I just clipped a 3" branch off it. Yours for $10

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
 
Next time I'm up that way I'll take you up on it! May even bring a frag or two along with me. I've got some stuff that is growing well and will need to be trimmed soon...
 
Its funny. The frags I cut I placed on the rock just a few inches over. Looks completely different. Has more blue and green polyps.

Frags for a frags bro! Come on up. This month will be bad for me though.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2
 
Its funny. The frags I cut I placed on the rock just a few inches over. Looks completely different. Has more blue and green polyps.

Frags for a frags bro! Come on up. This month will be bad for me though.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

I have the same thing go on in my tank with frags. A few inches lower and they look completely different. I know the light can't be that much different. :/

Yeah August is a busy month for me too. I'll give you a shout when I get up that way.
 
Tank looks great! Love the progression pics!
 
Dave, I'm actually headed up that way tomorrow and trading some stuff with Lindsey. Want me to swap anything for you?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new