OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh.. so what a trip its been lately. I dont have a FTS to show anyone. we have been so stinking busy and I have been so stinking unhappy with the tank, that it has just sorta churned. The nitrates got WAY out of whack. forgot to add more pellets..oops. So now to offer a Semi update.

I think the Flatworms are gone. i have not seen any evidence of them in weeks. No bite marks, nothing. I monitor closely with a flashlight at night. For those from my local club following, I have been helping out some friends who are moving liquidate their tank. From this, we are how home to 6 new fish! a Trio of Blue Reef Chromis (Huey, Dewey and Louie), a Mandarin Goby (Wonton), a Blue Hippo tang (Dori), and a Powder Brown tang (Pablo). The Previous owners named them. all fish are doing WONDERFULLY and eating well. Thanks to the Vanity of my Atlantic blue tang and his love of the mirror, there has been more peace in the tank than the Korean peninsula (I know.. easy...). Mirror should go back into storage tonight. I also got ot upgrade my skimmer to a SRO Xp3000I ! WOW> finally no more constant tinkering with the MRC. While it was a good skimmer and definatley sucked out the funk, it was constantly clogging with stomatella shells and was just becoming a pain.

Ill try to get some photos here soon.

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broke out the camera for a few shots tonight. Ill try to get a FTS tonight if I have time.

So I Broke out the Good Camera last night and snapped a few of my new goodies. Hopefully with some luck, this will be what ill be selling at next years swap.

Zoas first
Blue Orgasms From Jeremy S.

DSC_4842.jpg

Orange rimmed Zoas from High Def.
DSC_4840.jpg

I rather forgot what these are. I Got them from Captain's Corals.
DSC_4839.jpg

Pretty deep green ones. High Def
DSC_4838.jpg

Reds - High Def
DSC_4837.jpg

Radio active Dragon Eyes High Def

DSC_4814.jpg

They are supposed to be more of a hunter green. - The Frag Shack
DSC_4804.jpg

Sticks:

Milliporas - Both from Happy Coral
DSC_4823.jpg

DSC_4812.jpg

Acros From Happy Coral
DSC_4809.jpg

DSC_4802.jpg

Jason Foxx Champagne
DSC_4822.jpg

Pacific East.- Im calling this a Lemon Pie
DSC_4808.jpg

another from them
DSC_4824.jpg

LPS
Alveapora - Happy Coral
DSC_4806.jpg

Hammer - Fish Dr.
DSC_4807.jpg

Torch - From The Guys next door to Captain's Coral.
DSC_4800.jpg

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice grabs! You got quite a bit at the swap.

Brandon

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great photos bro!

OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, here is a little bit of an update for you guys...

after battling being behind on my biological filter, I have finally gotten the tank to where I feel it needs to be.

Ca is at 420, Alk is 8.6, NItrates are zero, Phosphates tested at 0.00 (need to get them up just a hair) and everything else seems to be working well. Since the previous updates, I have added a few fish, I have added a new skimmer and doubled my bio-pellet capacity. the New skimmer is a used SRO3000XP-int. its a big bad skimmer and does a great job of cleaning the funk out of the tank.

Ive got a big photo update loading up in Photobucket now so sit tight and we will get you some pretties to look at.
So, about a month and a half ago, this fish joined our family. we found him at a small shop in Chattanooga in teh same tank as another CBB. this meany was definately giving the other one hell and was priced nicely so we figured we would give him a shot. initially a very shy fish, this one still acts shy at times, but bold at others. The Atlantic blue was a bully at first but the mirror fixed that. this fish ate frozen in the store, but in 6 weeks, I have yet to see it eat anything I feed the tank. Anyhow, given that he still looks as fat or fatter than when he arrived, I think he is making a killing on pods and other critters. he has not decimated our aptasia yet. I did build a feeder with an extra mag float and some pvc. it holds a cube of bloodworms and only this guy can eat them because of the design. I have never witnessed him eat from this, but every day, it is completely empty. I may have seen him eating from it last night but not sure.

DSC_5843.jpg

DSC_5838.jpg

DSC_5835.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
pickupman66

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralz
I cant remember what this is. it has HUGe polyps. I got it from Captains Corals.
DSC_5805.jpg

Poci.
DSC_5804.jpg

Armor of Gods
DSC_5803.jpg

DSC_5801.jpg

Giant Palys and some Giant metallic green shrooms
DSC_5800.jpg

Green hammer
DSC_5799.jpg

Grape Sherbert
DSC_5795.jpg

Its Happy Happy happy
DSC_5797.jpg

Unknown
DSC_5794.jpg

DSC_5793.jpg

DSC_5792.jpg

Tubs
DSC_5791.jpg

Radioactive Dragon eyes
DSC_5789.jpg

pretty red Zoa.
DSC_5788.jpg

DSC_5786.jpg

RBTA
DSC_5784.jpg

Georgia Peachtree Milli (my naming)
DSC_5781.jpg

Pink stag - yea, its huge, I love it
DSC_5780.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 101 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back