So, here is a little bit of an update for you guys...
after battling being behind on my biological filter, I have finally gotten the tank to where I feel it needs to be.
Ca is at 420, Alk is 8.6, NItrates are zero, Phosphates tested at 0.00 (need to get them up just a hair) and everything else seems to be working well. Since the previous updates, I have added a few fish, I have added a new skimmer and doubled my bio-pellet capacity. the New skimmer is a used SRO3000XP-int. its a big bad skimmer and does a great job of cleaning the funk out of the tank.
Ive got a big photo update loading up in Photobucket now so sit tight and we will get you some pretties to look at.
So, about a month and a half ago, this fish joined our family. we found him at a small shop in Chattanooga in teh same tank as another CBB. this meany was definately giving the other one hell and was priced nicely so we figured we would give him a shot. initially a very shy fish, this one still acts shy at times, but bold at others. The Atlantic blue was a bully at first but the mirror fixed that. this fish ate frozen in the store, but in 6 weeks, I have yet to see it eat anything I feed the tank. Anyhow, given that he still looks as fat or fatter than when he arrived, I think he is making a killing on pods and other critters. he has not decimated our aptasia yet. I did build a feeder with an extra mag float and some pvc. it holds a cube of bloodworms and only this guy can eat them because of the design. I have never witnessed him eat from this, but every day, it is completely empty. I may have seen him eating from it last night but not sure.