picky fish

teddy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok well as some know all of my tanks were in bad shape when i got back from boston.. and my poor lion and froggie were on deaths door or at least seemed to be. anyhow they are now doing better and i was out of feeders.. so off i go to walmart who was sold out.. i really did not want to drive an hour any which way to get feeders so thought well the poor guys have not been well and not eating much so i'll splurge and got them some mollies..

i get home get them acclimated and put 6 into the tank. and what happens.. nothing.. lion followed them around for a bit like he was sniffing them and his fins would do this weird shrug like thing.. almost as if he was confused and trying to figure out what they were.. then he sank to the bottom and sat in his pout pose.. needless to say i felt horrible.. cause he had come to life big time when he saw me putting something in the tank.. so i call to murray figure i'll see my son n granddaughter in same trip.. thankfully my son remembered to stop n chck cuz the workers had no clue what they got n dont got in the fish dept but he knew and told me they had the ones i norm get..

exhausted i head out the door and drive the hour trip.. i get home and start acclimating them to the feeder tank.. and i take a few n put into the salt tank.. wow.. puppy puffer ate 2, sea beta ate 2, even the tang got into the action and nibbled on tails.. froggie ate one.. but lion would not mess with em :( when i did get back i also noted 1 molly dead on outtake pipe and one tore up real bad like someone tried to eat him n spit him out..

talk about picky they wanted hamburger instead of NY strip lol..

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back