Pico 2 Gallon, because i like to be on edge.

HWEP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***Posted in wrong thread, moved to Build thread***

Hi everyone,

I thought i'd do my first build thread.

After a rollercoaster few months with my large 30Gal which is now calming down, evidently i get a high off consistent panic, so i've decided to induce more stress on myself.

Secondhand 2 gallon Pico tank.

Current equipment:

- 10L Fluval Spec AIO freshwater tank. 8.5 Litres DT, 1.5 Litres in the chambers. This has 2 chambers, intake and return.
- Stock white light
- Small blue LED light (Cheap amazon one), although it puts out a fantastic colour.
- filter media in order of placement: filter floss, Ceramic balls, live rock. (TBC, not decided if i'm happy with this)
- Stock return pump
- Upgraded to a nano titanium heater
- Cheap 3D printed wave output nozzle as this tank didn't come with one (S shaped).

Stupidly didn't get a photograph of it beforehand...sorry. It was in full tropical set up complete with gravel, pebbles and fake plants. I scrubbed the life out of it, soaked in various natural cleaners and i've left it to naturally dry for 48hrs.

Last night, i used my existing tank water, existing rock and existing media and set it up! Fragged some Galaxia and pulsing xenia to give it a bit of a basic look.

Problems i've found so far are predominantly the limited lighting controls and the water agitation/flow.

Next jobs:

- Upgrade the stock and Amazon LED light to the TMC IlumAir Nano V2
- Upgrade the return pump to the Tunze Universal Pump Mini
- Get an actual RFG nozzle made to size
- Possibly rescape the tank for a more quirky look. It's a bit plain for me at the moment.
- Further research on pico tank ideal filtration as i'm not convinced i like what i have at the moment.

Tank has cleared well overnight from the slight cloudiness. I'll be sure to get a photograph today.

Not 100% on what i'm stocking with yet, but it's certainly going to be very hardy types.

Anyway, i hope you enjoy this thread as it grows and matures. I'm super excited (Pepsi bottle for size) :D

10515_packaging.jpg 241656038_3269221453312965_7988774570976027684_n.jpg

Last edited:

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***Posted in wrong thread, moved to Build thread***

Hi everyone,

I thought i'd do my first build thread.

After a rollercoaster few months with my large 30Gal which is now calming down, evidently i get a high off consistent panic, so i've decided to induce more stress on myself.

Secondhand 2 gallon Pico tank.

Current equipment:

- 10L Fluval Spec AIO freshwater tank. 8.5 Litres DT, 1.5 Litres in the chambers. This has 2 chambers, intake and return.
- Stock white light
- Small blue LED light (Cheap amazon one), although it puts out a fantastic colour.
- filter media in order of placement: filter floss, Ceramic balls, live rock. (TBC, not decided if i'm happy with this)
- Stock return pump
- Upgraded to a nano titanium heater
- Cheap 3D printed wave output nozzle as this tank didn't come with one (S shaped).

Stupidly didn't get a photograph of it beforehand...sorry. It was in full tropical set up complete with gravel, pebbles and fake plants. I scrubbed the life out of it, soaked in various natural cleaners and i've left it to naturally dry for 48hrs.

Last night, i used my existing tank water, existing rock and existing media and set it up! Fragged some Galaxia and pulsing xenia to give it a bit of a basic look.

Problems i've found so far are predominantly the limited lighting controls and the water agitation/flow.

Next jobs:

- Upgrade the stock and Amazon LED light to the TMC IlumAir Nano V2
- Upgrade the return pump to the Tunze Universal Pump Mini
- Get an actual RFG nozzle made to size
- Possibly rescape the tank for a more quirky look. It's a bit plain for me at the moment.
- Further research on pico tank ideal filtration as i'm not convinced i like what i have at the moment.

Tank has cleared well overnight from the slight cloudiness. I'll be sure to get a photograph today.

Not 100% on what i'm stocking with yet, but it's certainly going to be very hardy types.

Anyway, i hope you enjoy this thread as it grows and matures. I'm super excited (Pepsi bottle for size) :D

10515_packaging.jpg 241656038_3269221453312965_7988774570976027684_n.jpg
Wow!! Nice tank! I love Picos and nanos

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! Following along!

OP
OP
HWEP

HWEP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update- left it a few more days to settle in and added: orange/pink yuma (nobody can decide what it is), blue green ricordea and a BTA that was getting a bit upset due to my overzealous clowns and his little porcelain crab buddy. Also switched the rock around for more coral real estate!

242053443_3273987979502979_1785635663456105274_n.jpg

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back