Pics from Today's adventure

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chelsey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
4
Location
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my mom and I decided to go to the zoo (so that I could take pics) and then visit a few LFS. Until I got there I had not the slightest idea that today was "Boo at the Zoo." It did, however, make for some interesting people watching and some of the kids were pretty cute (even in my opinion, and I don't even like kids!). Here are a few pics of today's adventure.

acrocrab.jpg


lionfish.jpg


bat.jpg


lazy.jpg


pounce.jpg


wrestle.jpg
 
WOW! You did very well with the big cats... Usually when I go, they are all just laying around sleeping.
 
They're usually sleeping when I go too, but the tiger has cubs (obviously) and it was a gorgeous day today, so maybe they decided to enjoy it.
 
Sweet photos.... what lenses did you use?

Poseidon - gotta bring some steak chops to throw into the enclosure next time you go :wink:
 
Sweet photos.... what lenses did you use?

Poseidon - gotta bring some steak chops to throw into the enclosure next time you go :wink:

I used a Canon macro lens EF 100mm 1:2.8 for some of the pics (like the acro crab) and then for the others I used a Quantaray 70-300mm lens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new