##### Picture Entry: BC BLOOD BANK GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So dumb luck happens again today.
I got home visiting my daughter/grandkids and peek at the tank. I see a very white dot where the blood bank frag used to be.
Nnnnooooooooo, I'm thinking.

Shut down all the flow, grab a flashlight and with the help of my wife, found it on the sand bed. Luckily, it didn't land in anything that could have easily stung it.
I mounted it again in the same spot. I'm pretty sure a hermit knocked it over. I have had them a long time and they are getting pretty big.
So another set back. Hopefully the last. Still have to figure why the ph is drifting down even with the air stone running 24/7.

reefrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
September entry… but of growth, but a lot of coloring up!
9D80FCD2-53B9-4A9B-9F5F-20A511FA2A9B.jpeg

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So dumb luck happens again today.
I got home visiting my daughter/grandkids and peek at the tank. I see a very white dot where the blood bank frag used to be.
Nnnnooooooooo, I'm thinking.

Shut down all the flow, grab a flashlight and with the help of my wife, found it on the sand bed. Luckily, it didn't land in anything that could have easily stung it.
I mounted it again in the same spot. I'm pretty sure a hermit knocked it over. I have had them a long time and they are getting pretty big.
So another set back. Hopefully the last. Still have to figure why the ph is drifting down even with the air stone running 24/7.
Mine got knocked off as well. Was cutting the old superglue off and dropped it and chipped the end of a branch..lol. Hopefully it's no big deal.
20220924_080528.jpg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine got knocked off as well. Was cutting the old superglue off and dropped it and chipped the end of a branch..lol. Hopefully it's no big deal.
20220924_080528.jpg
Glue the branch next to the frag and you may benefit in the end with that!

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does our initial picture from receiving count for our September picture or do we need to submit another one? I'll throw another up either way, just wondering!
September is the official start month even though some of us recieved our corals end of August. Yes your initial photo counted for September as I understand it.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does our initial picture from receiving count for our September picture or do we need to submit another one? I'll throw another up either way, just wondering!
Yes, what he said^^^
I posted another because I'm documenting my problems as I go. More problems than I care for. Funny how the tank can run smoothly for a year then all kinds of problems at one time.

MiniGbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
September entry (just arrived today ahead of the hurricane!). If I lose power for a few days, I may be out of the competition quickly LOL

@lynn.reef.nerd
@BranchingHammer
@Reefing102

466654CA-8B32-4D03-AF1B-A05C7BD66C23.jpeg
Wow! That’s an awesome frag.

I’ll be posting an update too since I’ve had some troubles with mine. But hopefully I can make a comeback! Someone had mentioned earlier I should check the parameters, and everything’s been fine, but inhadnt realized how low nutrient I was. I’ve been meaning to add more fish for a year now and haven’t found the ones I want, so I think my addition of some Nitrates and phosphates may help with the lack of growth I’ve been having in the corals.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! That’s an awesome frag.

I’ll be posting an update too since I’ve had some troubles with mine. But hopefully I can make a comeback! Someone had mentioned earlier I should check the parameters, and everything’s been fine, but inhadnt realized how low nutrient I was. I’ve been meaning to add more fish for a year now and haven’t found the ones I want, so I think my addition of some Nitrates and phosphates may help with the lack of growth I’ve been having in the corals.
Best of luck and glad folks are willing to post their ups and downs during the competition. I’m sure I’ll have my share of downs!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back