Pictures worth a thousand words

BMWZ4M08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day I used to have a buddy who was in this hobby, he moved south and we don't talk much anymore..when a milestone happened in our tanks we had someone to tell...
On that note, yesterday I hit my local LFS and picked up a Sebae Anemone for my Piccasso Clown. I heard that getting them to mate might take a day or never happen. When I put the anemone in the tank, the clown had no interest, after trying to push him towards, spot feed food toward the anemone...he could careless.
Little research on Youtube, someone suggested putting a picture of a clown hosting, found one, taped it to the side of the tank..it was weird the clown was staring at the picture...I went out to my pub for a brew, came back and to my surprise he was in the anemone!!!....unreal..2-3 hours and success..
Sorry I had to share with someone...

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day I used to have a buddy who was in this hobby, he moved south and we don't talk much anymore..when a milestone happened in our tanks we had someone to tell...
On that note, yesterday I hit my local LFS and picked up a Sebae Anemone for my Piccasso Clown. I heard that getting them to mate might take a day or never happen. When I put the anemone in the tank, the clown had no interest, after trying to push him towards, spot feed food toward the anemone...he could careless.
Little research on Youtube, someone suggested putting a picture of a clown hosting, found one, taped it to the side of the tank..it was weird the clown was staring at the picture...I went out to my pub for a brew, came back and to my surprise he was in the anemone!!!....unreal..2-3 hours and success..
Sorry I had to share with someone...
I once had a sebae that no clown was interested in. My torch was much more up his alley. But do you have pics?

Edit: just remembered, a guy in my reef club sent a pic of a clown in a sebae the other day.
5D092758-2E6C-4864-AAE3-699790D2FC71.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back