Pier And beam aquarium?

Prestomagic17*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in a pier and beam foundation home. I want to upgrade aquarium from 29gl —> 90,120 gl, but not sure if that’s to big of a load for a pier and beam‍♂️.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have enough space you could always add cement blocks & pressure treated 4x4 to add extra support, It also depends on how the wood floor support is running & how you place the tank. If it's parallel to the tank you probably would be ok, if horizontal with the tank you might want to add the support.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have enough space you could always add cement blocks & pressure treated 4x4 to add extra support, It also depends on how the wood floor support is running & how you place the tank. If it's parallel to the tank you probably would be ok, if horizontal with the tank you might want to add the support.
I think you got it backwards. If your tank is running perpendicular to the beams, that is ok, since more beams would be spreading the load. If your tank is running parallel then more weight is on fewer beams. But like was noted, if you can put some blocks and post under it in the crawl space, do it, it may not be needed but won't hurt and is cheap to do.

OP
OP
Prestomagic17*

Prestomagic17*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its right fit underneath, but I’m thinking I’ll crawl under for the peace of mind. In this Bobbie that’s key

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you got it backwards. If your tank is running perpendicular to the beams, that is ok, since more beams would be spreading the load. If your tank is running parallel then more weight is on fewer beams. But like was noted, if you can put some blocks and post under it in the crawl space, do it, it may not be needed but won't hurt and is cheap to do.
My thought process was the same as yours just didn't word it right, Thanks for pointing it out.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back