What is the care level for this acro?

751CAB2F-1560-409C-910B-084A817A9338.jpeg

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it? What are you using to help with growth?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pretty middle-of-the-road acropora care-wise. Competent lighting, parameters and decent flow. It does not take anything special. It is the same coral as Reef Raft Pink Floyd, so you can use those posts as reference as well.

Art Calde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is a pretty middle-of-the-road acropora care-wise. Competent lighting, parameters and decent flow. It does not take anything special. It is the same coral as Reef Raft Pink Floyd, so you can use those posts as reference as well.
Good to know. I didn’t know they were the same.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice colony! I would agree no special care should be needed. I don’t think I will ever get tired of these Bali pieces. They are all really nice but some of them have an extra nice yellow to them. I had a nice one that might not have been a microlados and a friend still has a piece of it growing, I can’t wait to get a piece back from him.

OP
OP
F

fxfier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bought the whole thing or a frag
A frag

How long have you had it? What are you using to help with growth?

Day one in my tank under noopsyche light
CACDFFC5-4F4F-4E42-A9D9-9D9667EDA77A.jpeg

Thanks

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I just bought this acro, the seller said pikachu acropora

What is the care level for this acro?

751CAB2F-1560-409C-910B-084A817A9338.jpeg
Is that a Mericultured mini colony? If so it is not the same as the UC ir TCK Pikachu.
I would actually disagree with it being the same as Pink Floyd. We have them both at the store and over at @kevinl grow out tank and they are very similar there are differences. Although now I want to stick them right next to each other and see if they fuse, that would be the real test.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the one I got from TCK about a month ago. It’s still settling in but already have new growth. Mine is very light Yellow but I have super low nutrients. Had to get a decent picture it’s way in the back

4A87D421-C679-4C0F-B4E2-2E5148EA5D25.png

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a Mericultured mini colony? If so it is not the same as the UC ir TCK Pikachu.

I would actually disagree with it being the same as Pink Floyd. We have them both at the store and over at @kevinl grow out tank and they are very similar there are differences. Although now I want to stick them right next to each other and see if they fuse, that would be the real test.
OP looks like a tenuis? I didnt think pink floyd was tenuis

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one i have is slighty different to the pink
My pinkfloyd looks slightly different then the pikachu although they seem identical in care requirement.

Last edited:

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to know the story about who got what from whom, but the coral is exactly the same with even the vendors saying so at the time. I forgot most of it and would hate to speculate with a muddied memory. :)

...then, you have the issue of the same coral coming in from so many places and getting "named" without the lineage.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely apologize... WWC After Party and Pink Floyd were the exact same coral just renamed. It just hit me... my bad for messing this up. There are some rumors that Picachu is the same too, but nobody every owned up to that one.

All three are so close that a mari or wild piece from the same region could get the "name" of any of them.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indo/bali is really been cranking out a bunch of these yellow microclados.
I agree with @Pedoconfuego I think they are all great and wont tire of them.
All the Afterparties, wolverines, pink floyd sand Pikachus I have seen are microclados, some vary in coloration depending on their environment, but they all look fairly close.
There are a few yellowish gold/ red polyp selagos that are being sold as "Pikachu" by some though.
Eitherway, they all look awesome when happy abd tend to be good growers

@Dlealrious what are you seeing in OPs pic that makes you consider it being a tenuis? the radials dont have flared dimidates and are sharply nariform in structure?

Back