Pile-O-Eggs on montipora

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefStuff

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2024
Messages
45
Reaction score
77
Location
Oregon City
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Woke up a found what seems to be a pile of eggs on top of my Sunset Montipora frag. I was working on the tank last night (12 hours ago) and these were not there.
Currently my tank has some Trochus, Nassarius and Turbo snails reproducing. Not sure if these eggs are part of that or not. Leaning towards no, as no other snail has put an egg on a coral itself.
Read about Monti eating Nudibranchs, now I am bit concerned. Pics are not great, sorry.
Under white light the eggs are pinkish, under blues the eggs are very blue.
If these are Nudi eggs, what should I do next? Try and dip (heard dips don’t affect eggs much) or just cut my losses and get rid of it. It is a very small, cheap frag.

Thank you!!
IMG_2922.jpeg


IMG_2924.jpeg

ReefStuff
 
I would siphon it out with a turkey baster and keep an eye on it. It could be detritus also.
 
I would siphon it out with a turkey baster and keep an eye on it. It could be detritus also.
I used my turkey baster to pull em out. Couple floated away into the rocks. Pics are bad but they were perfect spheres, very clean, held together lightly in a clump. When syphoning them out the main clump broke into smaller clumps, but those still held together.


Flow is ripping pretty hard. Nothing sits in that area that is not glued down or wedged in. I wouldn't say no, but I would say it is unlikely.

ReefStuff
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new