Pink Condy help!

reefer2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a pink tip condy anenome (along with a green bubble tip) about a week ago. I’m coming across information that’s saying you shouldn’t put a pair of clowns in the same tank as a condy? I was aware that the condy doesn’t host clowns, but I didn’t know that they weren’t suppose to be in the same aquarium?? I have a pair of clowns, a wrasse, and a yellow damsel. Does anyone else have experience with a condy and any consequences to having them?? I’m super intrigued by it and don’t want to get rid of it, but I’m also concerned for my other fish. I have a 6 line wrasse that’s been getting pretty close to it and I’d hate to see anything bad happen! I currently have a 40 gallon, but I’m in the process of getting a 150 gallon. I know it’s going to be awhile before I could move the condy so I’m contemplating maybe taking it back to my LFS. Any advice here??

88277149-6194-45A4-8559-425B0E33957D.jpeg

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine started off just like yours, white with pink tips. It will color up given better lighting to the point that the pink tips aren't as noticeable. My clowns like to hang out in the corner above it but never bother going near it. On the other hand, I have Chromis that like to swim through the tentacles. I have never lost any fish to it even though it has gotten quite large. I don't feed it, it just gets loose fish food floating around the tank.
20181216_152812.jpg

Upvote 0

Ilhan555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a pink tip condy anenome (along with a green bubble tip) about a week ago. I’m coming across information that’s saying you shouldn’t put a pair of clowns in the same tank as a condy? I was aware that the condy doesn’t host clowns, but I didn’t know that they weren’t suppose to be in the same aquarium?? I have a pair of clowns, a wrasse, and a yellow damsel. Does anyone else have experience with a condy and any consequences to having them?? I’m super intrigued by it and don’t want to get rid of it, but I’m also concerned for my other fish. I have a 6 line wrasse that’s been getting pretty close to it and I’d hate to see anything bad happen! I currently have a 40 gallon, but I’m in the process of getting a 150 gallon. I know it’s going to be awhile before I could move the condy so I’m contemplating maybe taking it back to my LFS. Any advice here??

88277149-6194-45A4-8559-425B0E33957D.jpeg
Do not read what they say.. they have no experience with it and talk .. I do have a pair clownfish which they host condy anenome! You can touch if you like, nothing well happen! You can check the link and you will be surprised ! Do not get rid of condy!

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back